Thursday, June 24, 2010

What are signs that you might have colon cancer


What are signs that you might have colon cancer?

Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Blood in your poop is the biggest red flag.
2 :
Overview of Colon Cancer Symptoms - Constipation - Thin Stool - Stomach Cramps - Bright Red Blood in Your Stool - Unexplained Weight Loss - Sense of Fullness - Nausea and Vomiting - Lethargy The Bottom Line Even though you have an idea of what to look out for, it's important to remember that a tumor can grow for years before causing any colon cancer symptoms. In addition, all of these symptoms are very poor predictors in and of themselves.
3 :
Bleeding - Blood in Stool: This is the most commonly experienced colon cancer symptom. As a tumor grows larger, the passage of feces can cause the tumor to bleed. it is common to see blood if the tumor is near the anus, but it is much more common for the blood to be hidden inside the stools. Weight Loss: An unexpected weight loss accompanied by other symptoms can indicate colon cancer. The pain and discomfort caused by a tumor can lead to loss of appetite, which in turn results in weight loss. Changes in Bowel Habits: If you are consistently constipated or have diarrhea, this must be evaluated by a physician. Changes in bowel habits also include gas and producing thinner stools. Thinner stools are usually the result of a tumor obstructing the passage of feces. This is one of the more common colon cancer symptoms. Abdominal Discomfort: Abdominal discomfort can mean many things - bloating, swelling, cramping and feeling full. Abdominal Pain: Swelling and pain of the abdomen are also symptoms of colon cancer. This usually occurs when the intestine is blocked by a tumor. If the tumor grows large, then nausea and vomiting can occur. Fatigue: Fatigue is a symptom of many cancers. It can also be a symptom of many other conditions that aren't cancer related. Fatigue experienced with cancer can be mild or severe.
4 :
I was diagnosed with rectal cancer in March. My symptoms were- 1. a tinge of pink blood in my stool 2. 3 months of my stools being soft That was it. I didn't talk to my GP for 3 months because I thought the blood was from my hemorrhoids and the soft stools because I'm lactose intolerant. I'm all praise for my doctor for him insisting that I go for a colonoscopy. Without a doubt he saved my life. All I needed was surgery to remove the tumour. No chemo no radiation. This is because it was caught early. So if you show any symptoms, get it checked out NOW. PS. I'm still waiting for the sudden unexplained weight loss, darn it. LOL





 Read more discussions :