Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Doctors, after examining a person with colon cancer, decide to surgically remove the cancerous region


Doctors, after examining a person with colon cancer, decide to surgically remove the cancerous region...?
doctors, after examining a person with colon cancer, decide to surgically removethe cancerous region of the persons large intestine. suggest what dietary adjustments that person might have to make afterward inorder to live a healthy life.
Cancer - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
High fiber diets a recommended exercise routine by your doc avoid alcohol and red meat Check the links out to get more information.
2 :
My mom had that same surgery and it went wrong my mom is really really sick she had a leak in her intestine and now she has fluid and her stool inside her stomach and a lot of bacteria and infection in her blood stream and the Dr. has giving up on her
3 :
I had the same surgery 4 yrs. ago and I eat everything I want but I eat a healthy, balanced diet which includes fibre, fruit, probiotic yogurt, berries, vegetables. You're not that hungry after surgery anyway so it takes time to eat full meals.
4 :
Eat a balanced diet, nothing needs to be totally excluded. Some foods may pass too quickly through the colon now that part is missing - varies from person to person. For my husband after this surgery, too much green vegetables or salad makes things go fast. The research on continued good health suggests - reaching / maintaining a healthy weight - taking exercise 3-4 times per week, enough to elevate the heart rate for 30 minutes - restricting intake of processed meats (bacon, ham, sausages, burgers etc) - there is some chemical (phosphate?) that is used in the processing and is connected to incidence & recurrence of colon cancer
5 :
From my colon resection experience, I asked the doctors about diet afterwards after the initial recovery period and I was told I could eat whatever I wanted. Personally, 5 months after my surgery I decided to quit eating red meat and all muscle meats (for instance poultry). That was in Feb. '09. I have been on this regime now since then and feel pretty good and I don't get digestive upsets.





Read more discussions :