Sunday, January 20, 2008

Colon Cancer? Can You tell me if the size and Mass it has spread is cureable


Colon Cancer? Can You tell me if the size and Mass it has spread is cureable?
My Father in law was just diagnosed with Colon caner. They said it is the size of a dime and has spread 25 Cm. That is all the information i have gotton but can you tell me if that is stage 1 or if it has spread to far? it is the size of a dime but the Mass has spread 25 cm
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
My father passed away from colon cancer. It is really hard to determine the stage from the information you have given. I can say, that colon cancer is very treatable. They Generally will remove that area of the colon. Sometimes there might be life changing things that your Father in law might have to make, or even live with a 'bag', but there is a chance they might be able to get the cancer. My prayers are with you.
2 :
I can't tell you if it is Stage 1 or not. However, it sounds like it was caught while still in early stages. Treatment of course varies w/how much the cancer has spread and where. I believe that he has a very good chance of beating this if he follows medical protocol. Good Luck and may he be cured soon!
3 :
It sounds as though this is an early stage and his chances should be good. He may even not need cemotherapy.
4 :
My colon cancer was stage 4 and had spread to my liver and cervix. That was in 2005 and I'm still alive and kicking so I think he'll be just fine. Keep the faith!






Read more discussions :