Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My boyfriends father was diagnosed with colon cancer stage 4 in October its now


My boyfriends father was diagnosed with colon cancer stage 4 in October its now?
in his liver and lungs and the oncologist cannot do anything else for him she is sending him for a clinical trial....Has anyone known anyone that has this type of situation? what was the outcome?
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'd say he is fortunate to have made it this long with stage 4 that has spread. Once it is in the liver, I never hear good news. I hope the clinical trial works for him!
2 :
Clinical trials are used to try out new medicines and treatments. The outcome really depends on whether the treatment is effective for this particular cancer and how his body reacts to it. Check out http://www.cancerdoubts.com It explains the factors that affect cancer treatment outcomes.