Monday, January 28, 2013

Colon cancer or colorectal cancer


Colon cancer or colorectal cancer?
I'm 20 years old,5'9 and 208lb about 2weeks ago i had bright red blood in the stool. when i went for a quick check up and he said it was hemorrhoids. he gave me some ointment for the hemorrhoid and the bleeding stopped after that I had the lose of appetite, constipated, always have gas and wanting to burp and I felt bloated and the feeling something poking me under my belly button. everyday i worry myself I have colon cancer because my dad had polyps before at the age of 40. what could it be. Im kind of terrified it could possibly colon cancer or any other cancer.
Other - Diseases - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Jayjay - At age 20 years, chances are almost zero that you have colon cancer. At your age, bright red blood on the stool is due to hemorrhoids, and you appear to have been diagnosed and treated correctly. The other symptoms you describe are not those of a cancer. Many or most physicians believe that colon cancer begins ion polyps. For this reason, and because your father had colon cancer, I would advise you to try to visit a gastroenterologist (G-I or gastro-intestinal) physician to have a colonoscopy exam of your large intestine this year to see if there are any polyps in your colon. Thereafter, follow the advice of the G-I physician.,





Read more discussions :