Thursday, May 28, 2009

If you have colon or rectal cancer do you ALWAYS have thin stools


If you have colon or rectal cancer do you ALWAYS have thin stools?
if you had colon or rectal cancer, would you ever have normal size, shape and color stools, or would they always be thin. I sometimes have thin stools (not anywhere near as thin as a pencil, but sometimes a little thinner than usual). For the most part, I have the same, normal size stool, but if i ever see that it is a little thinner, i get nervous. any advice? thanks! ..also, I have never seen blood in my stool
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Thought we'd seen the last of the poop questions. Yours is normal. Eat the same thing, the same amount at the same times everyday and your poop will almost always look and smell the same.
2 :
You need to go to get a colonoscopy. The reason is this is bothering you so bad and you would be relieved to know you are fine. It sounds like what is happening to you sounds normal. But, you can have cancer and seem normal. The doctors say get a colonoscopy while you feel good. There is no reason now for anyone to have this horrible disease. If the polyp is found early it can be removed before it turns to cancer. I wish that there was some kind of support group for just being tested. I don't have anyone to take me to have this test done, and I need to have it done so bad, because of all my dad's family dying from it. This test is so aggravating to prepare for. I have had this test many years ago. It isn't bad because they gave me a nerve pill, and I don't remember the test being done. Seriously, consider having the test, because you are so worried and it will take a load off your mind. Rose
3 :
A single symptom is meaningless. No one’s stool is the same all the time that is normal.
4 :
I had a large rectal tumor for years and didn't know it until streaks of blood sometimes appeared.The stool would mostly be normal.You need a colonoscopy to relieve your mind and avoid a lot of heartache.





Read more discussions :