Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How do you know if you have colon cancer


How do you know if you have colon cancer?
i'm getting very worried as my lower stomach hurts on the left side! i'm too scared to the doctor as they may find out i might have something seriously wrong :( thanks in advance! or cervical cancer?
Cancer - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE DOCTOR SO THEY CAN RUN TEST AND GET SAMPLES. YOU CANT SEE COLON CANCER OR CERVICAL CANCER JUST BY LOOKING AT YOU. JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THAT PAIN IS A SIGN THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG IN YOUR BODY SO NEVER IGNORE IT OR TAKE IT LIGHTLY.
2 :
what's worse...going to the doctor and finding something serious....or dying from the serious thing because you were scared to go to the doctor when it was still manageable? Go to the doctor, it may be something simple and minor. Pain in the stomach isn't enough for anyone to diagnose anything. Especially as you are so unspecific about the location....stomach is under the rib cage, cervix is far lower!
3 :
I didn't know for over a year I had colon cancer. I had pain in my stomach area but didn't get a diagnosis until testing was done. You need to get past your fears because pain could be an indicator of cancer. Go to your regular doctor or start with a gastroenterologist and get an occult (hidden) stool sample test run. I would say that test was significant in my cancer diagnosis. Tumors in the colon bleed but you might not be able to see blood visually in your stool. That test showed blood in my stool. But then I got very afraid to have further tests, the next one the doctor looked at my stomach where he found nothing serious. Then the next procedure he was going to do a colonoscopy and go look in my stomach again to cauterize some polyps he saw there the first time. I was scared half to death but something inside me told me I needed to get through it. He did the colonoscopy and found a large tumor in my transverse colon. I had a colon resection last September and have been very well now. Thank God it was found when it was! The pain I had would come and go and I thought it was my stomach and the doctors would say it was ulcers. Blood tests can also help to see what might be wrong. My iron levels were low and I eventually became anemic.
4 :
Go to the doctor soon. This is something where you absolutely do not want to wait. None of the doctors even suspected I had colon cancer until it had already metastasized in my liver. You can go in early and get it all cleared up like the person above me, or you can wait until it's stage IV like I did and then spend the rest of your life wondering how long you've got left. Just go do it.
5 :
A pain in your stomach could be anything! Cancer is probably Way down the list of likely options. See a Dr and get it checked.
6 :
So the best way to protect yourself . . is to stay as healthy as possible (avoid alcohol, cigarettes, fast foods - eat healthy, exercise ) . . not so much as that will protect you from getting cancer . .but if you are really healthy and fit when you do get cancer than you have a better survival chance. Check your body regularly and go to a doctor once a year for a complete well physical. The reason for the doctor visit is to establish what you look like when you are healthy . . to create records in case you ever do get cancer . . those medical records will be valuable to compare 'before' and 'after' as you go through treatment. Otherwise . . just stay aware of your own body. Not much else you can do.





 Read more discussions :